Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mission Peak

"One does not climb to attain 

enlightenment, rather one climbs 

because he is enlightened."  

-- Zen Master Futomaki














Since I've moved back to the Bay Area, I realized there are so many adventures I haven't explored yet. I've been wanting to go on a hike up Mission Peak in Fremont and decided to invite some friends from work to tag along. The hike was a little cold and the incline was a bit crazy but at the end of the day, I can cross it off my bucket list. There is something motivating that happens when I go on a hike, whether it's the endorphins that make me happy or just breathing fresh air. I feel as if my mind has been cleared and when I stand on the top of that peak and look down at the world around, I realize that all the petty problems in my life don't really matter and I'm just a small piece in this big world. If you are in the Bay Area and haven't hiked up Mission Peak, I definitely recommend it, but make sure you bring a lot of water and good shoes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment