Monday, October 26, 2015

Do you have a case of the Mondays

Do you have a case of the Mondays? 







                               

                             


Hat: Forever 21 // Tank: Charlotte Russe // Skirt: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's // Booties: Ambiance // Necklaces: Forever 21 




Happy Monday!!! 

Is it just me, or does it feel like this year has been flying by so fast? I can remember last December like it was just yesterday. At the same time, so much has happened! 

My train of thought is everywhere right now. (as many of you know about me) 

The other day, I met up with a group of girls that I've know for 20 years!! That's nuts! This might have stemmed my train of thought with the fast paced year. We all went to Catholic school together since kindergarten and have all kept in touch, which I think is pretty awesome and fairly rare. I love our sense of nostalgia and reminiscing on the dumb things we did as kids. 

This mini reunion inspired me to plan a real reunion with the rest of our class in the next few months. Where I will find the time to do this, I have no idea, but I'm really excited to catch up with everyone. 

 When we run into old classmates, the age old question remains, "So what are you doing nowadays?" Most of the time, the answer is used to judge others on their accomplishments or creating low self-esteem when you return home on your lack of adventure and efforts. 

We all know those feelings hold true, but I hate it. I hate that we judge others and ourselves when we run into old friends. We already keep up with these people through stalking social media to see the life they want us to see, but what's the truth? 

I also realized that although I don't think my life is very eventful and exciting to talk about, I should be proud of what I'm doing everyday. 

Currently, I'm working at a tech startup in San Francisco during the day, planning events and promotions for an alternative radio station, going to concerts every week, volunteering at Make-a-wish foundation, blogging, yoga classes and everything else in between. That's crazy! 


I realize I'm going on a tangent. I just want to know how we can change it? 
How many times do you run into someone and they say, "I saw on Facebook that you're in a relationship" or "I saw on Instagram that you moved back home with your parents". Haha where's the sense of mystery? Does that even exist or should we all just document our every move on social media? 

Don't get me wrong, I love social media! I love networking with like-minded people, creeping on my ex's and reading hilarious memes on @daddyissues. The content you're putting out in the world should really represent your true self and  remain positive and inspiring. That's my own opinion since misery loves company. So I'm making a vow to put effort into providing content that can inspire and promote a positive outlook in the world. Care to join me? 





No comments:

Post a Comment