Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween 2k15

It feels so good to be bad









I hope you all had a great Halloween weekend! Snapping back to reality is hard especially after such a fun weekend. So let's all get together and grab IV's of our favorite white chocolate mocha with an extra shot of espresso from Starbucks and get on with the work week. 

Here's a recap of my amazing weekend with my girls. We decided to go as Disney Evil Villains instead of predictable black cats or minions. I love the way our costumes turned out and guess what?! We didn't dress like skanks! Haha 
From left to right: Snow White's Evil Queen, Malificent, Ursula, Queen of Hearts and Hook. 

 The costume took 2 days to make and it only cost $52! 

Supplies: 
 
8 yards or purple tulle
4 yards of sparkle purple tulle 
2 yards of black velvet
2 large bags of stuffing
Black romper (already had in my closet)
Sea shell necklace (already had in my closet)
Black heels (already had in my closet) 
Black belt (already had in my closet) 
Crown
Trident 
Gold glitter spray

How to: 
1. The Tutu! I had a piece of black ribbon that I measured around my waist then cut 2 inch pieces of purple tulle to tie around the black ribbon. I then cut the sparkle purple tulle in longer pieces and tied around the black ribbon. 
2. GOLD GOLD GOLD! I used the gold glitter spray to spray on the trident and crown. 
3. I measured my waist (37 inches)  and divided it by 8 (8 tentacles) = 4 inches per each tentacle
4. I used wrapping paper as my stencil to draw out the tentacles and cut the velvet pieces.
5. I stitched the tentacles on the sewing machine and then stuffed the velvet pieces with stuffing.
6. I sewed the tentacles onto an old belt that I had.
 


 





BONUS: I was Mary Poppins the night before Halloween with my own clothes! 

Outfit Details: 
Hat: Thirfted (added flowers with a clip) // Shirt: white chiffon shirt from Forever 21 // Belt: Red belt from H&M// Skirt: Leather skirt from Target // Booties: Vince Camuto from Nordstrom // Purse: Michael Kors // 
Bow tie: From my costume box // Umbrella: Ross












4 comments: