Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year from Vegas!!!!

Well here we go... Another year for the books and another one to get it right. 


As another year approaches and the mantra in minds alike continue to be, "New Year, New Me". As I constantly find this to be such a silly phrase to live by, I can't help but find aspects of my life that reflect this once a new year comes. I look back on 2015 and think, "damn, that's not how I wanted it to go". I may also be very pessimistic, so I have to look at the past year with a fresh set of eyes, thinking to myself, "what baby steps have I accomplished this past year, that gets me closer to the bigger goals?" I have such big aspirations for my life and I realized a few things have helped me get there. I moved to the city, I have a stable job, a second job that I love, great support team and craving for creativity and adventure. I might not be where I want to be today, but I'm working on it and continuing to work hard for it. 

Although this may seem like a diary entry, I hope that some of these phrases ring true to your life as well. Although you're not where you want to be in life today, make a few baby steps to get there. As my Mom tell me, "things don't happen overnight and some people need to work harder than others for it." I may not have had the easiest route in life, but I'm loved by others and love others openly. So for that, I'm ready to take on 2016 and make it my B%#?&. 

I'll leave this post with one phrase, always be better than you were yesterday. Continue to question, have a sense of adventure, be open to loving others. "Smile & the world will smile back at you". 






Outfit details: 
Gold Dress : Sammydress.com // Red Dress: Agaci Clothing // Nude Shoes: Sam Edelman 





No comments:

Post a Comment