Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Moraga Steps

Moraga Steps 

I'm a fraud. Yes, I said it! I recently moved to San Francisco in December and although I say that I'm 'new' to the city... I've over extended my tourist days here in this foggy metropolitan city throughout my entire life. So yes, I'm a fraud by saying I'm 'new' to this city.

I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life. I went to college an hour away, worked in San Francisco post college and even dated a few people from this city. I've driven over the Golden Gate Bridge more times than I can count, went to Alcatraz for field trips, drank in Dolores Park, partied at Outside Lands Music Festival, attended Night Life at the CA Academy of Sciences, hung out with the elephants at the SF Zoo, had a bonfire on Ocean Beach... I mean, you get the point. 

I've done the touristy, fun things that any new transplant to the city should definitely experience. This city will always be my home, but I've been dying to find new adventures in this city because there's a part of me that needs change. Well, what do you know... I found the Moraga Steps just a few blocks from my house! 

These steps were meant to replicate famous mosaic steps in Rio De Janerio, Brazil. Much of the effort was taken upon the SF neighborhood association to create a project to enjoy the view that only the people living in the Sunset District could find. They were finally finished in 2005 and have been a tourist attraction just 15 minutes away from Golden Gate Park. 










No comments:

Post a Comment